Effective Date: 16 October 2020
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect information from you through a variety of means, as described below:
• In order to make use of certain services provided through the website, such as forums and signing up to receive the email newsletter, you will need to register with us. When you do so, you will need to provide certain information to us.
• In order to receive certain goods or services available through this website such as recipe books, e-books etc, you will need to provide certain information.
• If you enter a competition or giveaway, you will need to provide us with certain information (such as name and email), which we will use in accordance with the rules of the competition or giveaway.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• If you take part in a poll or survey, you will need to provide certain information to us.
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access while on the website as well as other data such as your computer’s IP address and browser type and the URL of any website you visited before our site or afterwards. This data is collected through cookies, web analytics, web logs and similar technologies.
2. Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to monitor and improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this website.
• To customise the advertising that you see.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To send you marketing and promotional materials on our behalf, if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want to receive this marketing and promotional material, you can automatically opt-out of receiving any further marketing and promotional emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any email you receive from us. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, you should contact [email protected]
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To contact you about your account, where you have registered an account with us.
• To monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of this website, to enforce our rights and to protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint.
• To inform you if you have won a prize.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• For any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or governmental authority.
3. Information sharing
We may use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, sending emails, telemarketing, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys and polls, website analysis, data analysis and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so. Emails collected for fulfilment of Workplace Wellbeing will be used solely and exclusively for the purposes of delivering Workplace Wellbeing content – tips, recipes, advice and suggestions for better health. These emails will not be sold, transferred or otherwise delivered to any other party or organisation other than our bulk email delivery provider.
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. You can stop receiving information from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails that you receive, or by emailing [email protected]
We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on this website or we may use an audience or traffic measurement service to analyse the traffic on this website. Network advertisers enable us to serve relevant advertisements to you based on your visits to this website and other websites you have visited. Audience and traffic measurement services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavioural information from the website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. This website’s advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves collect information from cookies which they set on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
4. Maintenance and storage of your information
The information you provide is stored on a secure database maintained by a third party on our behalf. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out in this policy.
5. Updating or deleting your personal information
Users may request to update or review of their records held by us by writing to [email protected] This can include requests to remove all your data from our website. We may need to verify your identity before implementing any such requests.
7. Links and third party apps
Both the Healthy Food Guide enewsletter and this website contain links to other sites. This website may also contain third party applications. Such third party sites and applications have their own privacy policies and practices. Please note that Healthy Life Media Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites or apps. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or apps. This privacy statement applies solely to information directly collected through this website.
8. A note for parents
We do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children through this website, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including, without limitation, obtaining parental consent where necessary. The internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience.
We take precautions in accordance with our obligations under relevant legislation, to help prevent unauthorised access to the information that you provide to us. Nonetheless, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal data therefore remains at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this website or the servers on which your information is stored.
10. Notification of changes
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Our postal address is:
Healthy Life Media Ltd
PO Box 331-400