Zingy prawn platterReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 grapefruit
- 1 small or ½ large iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1 large chunk cucumber, peeled in thin strips (stop at the seeds)
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups (about 200-300g) cooked large prawns, heads removed
- 1 large handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
1 Cut skin from grapefruit then cut flesh in segments, collecting the juice in a large bowl as you go.
2 Cut lettuce outer leaves in strips. Mix with grapefruit, avocado and cucumber.
3 Place yoghurt in a separate bowl with chilli sauce, prawns and half the mint. Mix well. Arrange the remaining smaller lettuce leaves on a platter or individual plates. Spoon over grapefruit mixture then top with prawn mixture. Scatter over the remaining mint and serve.
Use oranges instead of grapefruit for a tangy variation.
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
Halve the ingredients and serve as a classic prawn cocktail entreé.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information