Zingy prawn platter
(at time of publication)
- 2 grapefruit
- 1 small or ½ large iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1 large chunk cucumber, peeled in thin strips (stop at the seeds)
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups (about 200-300g) cooked large prawns, heads removed
- 1 large handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
1 Cut skin from grapefruit then cut flesh in segments, collecting the juice in a large bowl as you go.
2 Cut lettuce outer leaves in strips. Mix with grapefruit, avocado and cucumber.
3 Place yoghurt in a separate bowl with chilli sauce, prawns and half the mint. Mix well. Arrange the remaining smaller lettuce leaves on a platter or individual plates. Spoon over grapefruit mixture then top with prawn mixture. Scatter over the remaining mint and serve.
Use oranges instead of grapefruit for a tangy variation.
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
Halve the ingredients and serve as a classic prawn cocktail entreé.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us