Zesty chicken on tahini slaw
- ½ cup finely sliced green cabbage
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ raw beetrootbeetsX, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- juice of ½ lemon
- oil spray
- 2 small (150g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- ¼-½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 In a bowl, combine cabbage, celery, red onion, parsley, carrot and beetroot .
2 Mix dressing ingredients and add to bowl, stirring to coat slaw.
3 Spray a pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add chicken. Squeeze over lemon juice and sprinkle with lemon zest, paprika and seasoning.
4 Cook for 6 minutes each side or until juices run clear. Slice chicken thighs into thirds and serve on the slaw.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us