Yellow chickpea curry
(at time of publication)
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 yellow or red capsicums, diced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 ½ cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 250g pouch microwavable brown rice
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve (optional)
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Add onion, carrot and capsicum, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in curry powder, then add stock, chickpeas and lentils with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15—20 minutes, or until lentils are cooked and curry has thickened.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry over rice with a dollop of yoghurt and chopped coriander, if desired.
For extra heat and flavour, add 1 teaspoon each of cumin and chilli flakes.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us