Winter fruit compote with fruit crumble
(at time of publication)
- 500g rhubarb, sliced
- 4 pears, peeled, sliced
- 5 mandarins, peeled, broken in segments of 2
- ⅓ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken up
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ¼ cups oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ⅓ cup ground almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 50g reduced-fat spread
1 Preheat slow cooker to low. Place fruit in slow cooker with sugar, cinnamon stick, ginger and 1/3 cup water.
2 Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over fruit. Press down lightly. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us