White (chicken) chilli
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 600g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 330ml bottle lager
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock powder
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2-3 teaspoon chopped, bottled jalapeño peppersbell peppersX
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnishes
- chopped coriandercilantroX
- diced avocado
- diced tomato
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and beginning to brown.
2 Add chicken to pan. Stir-fry until chicken is lightly browned then sprinkle in flour, cumin, oregano and smoked paprika. Stir to combine and cook for about 1 more minute before adding beer, stock powder, beans and peppers (add smaller quantity first. Add more later if you want).
3 Stir to combine then cover loosely and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls as is with some crusty bread or topped with a garnish (optional).
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of flour, beer and chicken stock powder.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)