White bean salad with sardines
- ½ x 420g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 106g can sardines in spring water, drained
- 1 cup salad greens (such as spinach, rocketarugulaX, mesclun)
1 Combine beans, tomato, lemon juice, olive oil, chilli (if using) and radish in a bowl. Mix well.
2 Add sardines and salad greens. Toss together well. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
Lightly-toasted grainy bread roll
If you don’t like sardines, try this salad with canned tuna, salmon or chicken.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us