Warm salmon, egg and quinoa salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup quinoa
- few sprigs of fresh thyme, mint or rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- 200g salmon fillet, poached
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 eggs, soft boiled, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned or peeled with a grater
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped parsley
- fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
- Boil 2 cups of water with a few herb sprigs. Add the quinoa and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Place in a bowl and season with Moroccan seasoning.
- Break the salmon into chunks. Steam or lightly cook the broccoli until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to the quinoa with the salmon and broccoli. Add dressing last. Toss lightly. Season and serve sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us