Warm eggplant rolls with herbed ricotta fillingReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 large bunch (100g) rocketarugulaX, trimmed
- 1 lemon, ¼ cup juice and 2 teaspoons grated zest
- 2 medium eggplantaubergineXs, cut in 1cm slices, lengthways (16 slices total)
- 4 thick slices multigrain bread
- 350g fresh extra-light ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- toothpicks (optional)
1 Drizzle half the oil over capsicums. Heat barbecue to medium-high. Chargrill capsicums until charred and blackened. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to cool then peel. Discard skin and slice flesh in thick strips.
2 Arrange capsicums and rocket on a platter. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the remaining oil. Set aside.
3 Chargrill eggplants until tender and golden. Add bread and cook, turning, until golden brown.
4 In a bowl combine ricotta, milk, oregano, thyme, lemon zest, chilli flakes and the remaining lemon juice. Spread about 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly over each eggplant slice. Roll up lengthways (secure with a toothpick, if needed). Serve with capsicum salad and grilled bread.
- Use a mix of rocket and watercress if you prefer.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information