Vietnamese meatball bún cha
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 medium carrots
- 500g lean pork mince
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, plus extra, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 150g rice vermicelli noodles
- spray olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 3 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Cut 2 of the carrots into thin matchsticks and set aside. Into a large bowl, finely grate the remaining carrot. Add pork, coriander, 2 teaspoons of the ginger, half of the chilli and 1 teaspoon of the fish sauce. Combine well. Using clean hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into 20 meatballs.
2 In a large heatproof bowl, place noodles, cover with boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes, or until softened. Refresh under running cold water. Drain.
3 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and remaining ginger and chilli, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add sauce to meatballs and toss to coat. Simmer for 30 seconds.
5 Divide noodles, carrot sticks, salad leaves, cucumber and tomatoes among 4 bowls. Top each with 5 meatballs and drizzle with sauce. Serve garnished with extra coriander and sliced chilli, if using.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.