(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 500g venison medallions or cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 bouquet garni
- 330ml beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
1 Heat a frying pan with a little oil spray and brown venison in batches. Add meat to the slow cooker with flour and toss to coat evenly.
2 Wipe pan and add a little oil spray. Cook garlic and onions until soft. Add to slow cooker.
3 Add the remaining ingredients – adding stock last. Stir well. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Serve with fresh parsley and crusty bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us