Vegetarian san choy bao
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or purée
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 100g rice noodles
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves (see tip)
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced, to serve
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Gently fry mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, or until just cooked through and quantity reduces by half. Add lentils.
2 Make a stir-fry sauce by combining soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger and garlic (you can add a little water). Add to lentil and mushroom mix and cook, stirring, until just heated through.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and cut into short lengths.
4 Divide the rice noodles among the lettuce cups. Top with lentil and mushroom mix. Garnish with sliced spring onions and chilli.
Make it gluten free: Check soy and fish sauces are gluten free.
You’ll need 1 small or 1/2 large lettuce to get 12 leaves. Cut some of the larger leaves in half to make them more uniform in size.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us