Vegetable and sausage pilaf with egg
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ red onion or 1 shallot, finely chopped
- small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small fennel bulb, diced plus fennel tops for garnish
- 1 sausage (we used pork and fennel) chopped
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped spinach or silver beet
- 1 egg
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 In a large pan, heat oil over medium. Cook onion, garlic, carrot and fennel bulb for 2 minutes, until soft but not coloured. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until browned.
2 Add rice and combine. Add ½ cup water to pan and simmer, stirring, until liquid has reduced. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Place pilaf on plate.
3 Return the pan to the heat and break egg into it. Cook until done to your liking. Serve pilaf with egg on top, garnished with fennel leaves and black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sausage.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us