- oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 300g packet Quorn mince
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt tomatoes
- 2 cups passata
- 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 ¼ cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese, plus ½ cup extra
- 4 dry wholemeal lasagne sheets
- chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- 12 cups mixed green salad with 6 tablespoons vinaigrette (2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking dish (30cm x 20cm x 6cm). Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until slightly softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add mince and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
2 Add courgette and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add tomato and passata and cook for 1 minute. Add lentils, chilli, herbs, cherry tomatoes and wine. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook for 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
3 Meanwhile, combine ricotta, milk and 1/2 cup of the cheese in a bowl until smooth.
4 Pour half the mince sauce over base of prepared dish. Place 2 lasagne sheets on mince sauce. Top with half the cheese sauce. Repeat these layers, once, with remaining mince sauce, lasagne sheets and cheese sauce. Sprinkle remaining grated cheese over the top.
5 Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and cheese is bubbling. Garnish with parsley and serve with dressed salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 15g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check passata, spices and vegetarian mince are gluten free.
This dish is a great way to use any leftover veges in the fridge. Chop veges and add to mince mixture in step 2.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us