Turmeric chicken bowl
(at time of publication)
- 200g packet dried thick rice noodles
- 4 uncrumbed chicken breast schnitzels (about 500g)
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 6 cups salad mix
- 1 large carrot, shredded or grated
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
- ²/³ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 small ripe avocado, sliced
1 In a heatproof bowl, place noodles and cover with boiling water. Stand for 8 minutes, or until tender. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water then drain again.
2 Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with turmeric. Rub to coat. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Slice thickly.
3 In a small bowl, combine soy and sweet chilli sauces. Divide noodles among 4 bowls. Arrange salad leaves, carrot, cucumber, coriander, avocado and chicken on top. Drizzle each with dressing and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check turmeric, soy and sweet chilli sauces are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose a sweet chilli sauce without onion or garlic (or make your own), limit avocado to ½ avocado, about 2 tablespoons per serve.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information