Turmeric chicken bowl
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g packet dried thick rice noodles
- 4 uncrumbed chicken breast schnitzels (about 500g)
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 6 cups salad mix
- 1 large carrot, shredded or grated
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
- ²/³ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 small ripe avocado, sliced
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 In a heatproof bowl, place noodles and cover with boiling water. Stand for 8 minutes, or until tender. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water then drain again.
2 Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with turmeric. Rub to coat. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Slice thickly.
3 In a small bowl, combine soy and sweet chilli sauces. Divide noodles among 4 bowls. Arrange salad leaves, carrot, cucumber, coriander, avocado and chicken on top. Drizzle each with dressing and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check turmeric, soy and sweet chilli sauces are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose a sweet chilli sauce without onion or garlic (or make your own), limit avocado to ½ avocado, about 2 tablespoons per serve.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.