Tuna and white bean salad
(at time of publication)
- 700g new or baby potatoes, sliced or halved
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 cups mixed rocketarugulaX and spinach
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
1 Cook potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add tomatoes and capers. Shake to coat potatoes evenly.
2 Plunge asparagus in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain then add to potatoes with tuna, beans and onion.
3 Line a salad bowl with rocket and spinach mix. Add tuna salad ingredients. Mix oil and vinegar together and pour over as a dressing then serve.
Make it vegetarian: Replace tuna with 2 roughly chopped vegetarian sausages or mushroom and herb flavoured burgers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us