Tuna and white bean salad
- 700g new or baby potatoes, sliced or halved
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 cups mixed rocketarugulaX and spinach
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
1 Cook potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add tomatoes and capers. Shake to coat potatoes evenly.
2 Plunge asparagus in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain then add to potatoes with tuna, beans and onion.
3 Line a salad bowl with rocket and spinach mix. Add tuna salad ingredients. Mix oil and vinegar together and pour over as a dressing then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it vegetarian: Replace tuna with 2 roughly chopped vegetarian sausages or mushroom and herb flavoured burgers.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us