(at time of publication)
- 4 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 cups roasted chicken flesh, shredded
- 1 cup fresh sweet basil
- 4 small cucumbers, sliced in long strips with a potato peeler
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 capsicums, sliced
- 8 sheets rice paper (approx 210mm diameter)
- 1 bunch fresh chives
1 In a bowl stir plum sauce, soy sauce and peanut butter together then add meat pieces. In another bowl, combine basil, cucumbers, carrots and capsicums.
2 Pour very warm water into a soup plate. Gently place one wrapper at a time in the water and wait 30 seconds until it softens. Lift it out and place on a cutting board.
3 Spoon some chicken onto the wrapper. Add a handful of vegetables. Gather then twist the edges of the ‘wrapper’ together and tie a chive around the neck to make a money bag. Repeat with the other wrappers.
- You can use lettuce or rocket leaves instead of basil.
- For variety, add a coarsely grated apple or 1/2 cup sliced raw mushrooms.
- This dish also works well with smoked fish and tofu.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check plum sauce is gluten free.
- The water used to soften wrappers must be very warm but not so hot that it burns your fingers.
- If you have trouble tying up the edges, simply fold the wrapper and tie the chive around it, like a Christmas present.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us