Tortilla with tomato salsa and chive dip
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked potato (mashed or diced small and roasted)
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 handfuls chopped spinach or silver beet
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup trim milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon or 1 lime, juiced and zested (or 2 tablespoons ciderhard ciderX vinegar)
- Chive dip
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a cast-iron or ovenproof pan over a medium heat on stove top. Gently cook onion and garlic until soft but not browned. Add potato and peas and cook, stirring, until heated through. Add carrot and spinach.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk together with salt, parsley and parmesan. Pour over the potato pea mix and shake pan to mix well. Place pan in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix all salsa ingredients together. In another small bowl mix chives into sour cream. Serve tortilla with salsa and chive dip.
Make it gluten free: Check cider vinegar (if using) and sour cream are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us