Tomato and chickpea salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ½ cups halved mixed cherry tomatoes
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice and cumin.
- On a platter or 4 plates, arrange spinach. Top with all tomatoes, chickpeas, shallot and mint.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and season with pepper. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Check ground cumin is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us