Tomato and basil chicken fettuccine
(at time of publication)
- 300g fresh egg fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup chopped green beans,
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with basil
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked skinless lean chicken, shredded
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1 Place pasta in a microwave- proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with a lid and cook on full power for 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
2 In a large microwave-proof bowl combine beans, peas, tomatoes and paste. Stir well. Heat on full power for 3-4 minutes until cooked. Add chicken and heat again for 1-2 minutes.
3 Combine pasta and chicken and mix well. Divide among 4 plates and serve topped with basil and parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check flavoured canned tomatoes and tomato paste are gluten free.
Microwave cooking tips
- Always check cooking dishes are suitable for use in the microwave. Pyrex works well.
- Testing dishes for microwave cooking: Place a glass of water and the dish to test in the microwave. Cook on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove the dish and glass from microwave. Test the water with your finger. Warm water and a cool dish means the dish will be safe for microwave use. Cool water and a warm or hot dish mean that the dish is not suitable for the microwave.
- Have oven gloves ready to handle dishes after microwaving.
- Stand food for a few minutes before removing from microwave to avoid any steam and spitting.
- Getting rid of odours: Place 1-2 lemon slices in microwave in a small bowl of water. Heat on full power for 1 minute then leave in microwave for 5 minutes to allow odours to be absorbed into the water.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us