Tomato and basil chicken fettuccine
- 300g fresh egg fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup chopped green beans,
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with basil
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked skinless lean chicken, shredded
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1 Place pasta in a microwave- proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with a lid and cook on full power for 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
2 In a large microwave-proof bowl combine beans, peas, tomatoes and paste. Stir well. Heat on full power for 3-4 minutes until cooked. Add chicken and heat again for 1-2 minutes.
3 Combine pasta and chicken and mix well. Divide among 4 plates and serve topped with basil and parmesan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check flavoured canned tomatoes and tomato paste are gluten free.
Microwave cooking tips
- Always check cooking dishes are suitable for use in the microwave. Pyrex works well.
- Testing dishes for microwave cooking: Place a glass of water and the dish to test in the microwave. Cook on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove the dish and glass from microwave. Test the water with your finger. Warm water and a cool dish means the dish will be safe for microwave use. Cool water and a warm or hot dish mean that the dish is not suitable for the microwave.
- Have oven gloves ready to handle dishes after microwaving.
- Stand food for a few minutes before removing from microwave to avoid any steam and spitting.
- Getting rid of odours: Place 1-2 lemon slices in microwave in a small bowl of water. Heat on full power for 1 minute then leave in microwave for 5 minutes to allow odours to be absorbed into the water.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us