Thai rice sambalReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- ½ medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 stalks fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- handful toasted peanuts, to garnish (optional)
1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the lemongrass, garlic and ginger, then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, sugar and the rice and toss thoroughly before adding the mint and coriander.
2 Garnish with peanuts and serve as a side dish or as a light meal or snack.
Adjust the spice using more or less chilli to suit your taste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.3g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 3.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information