Thai fish parcels
(at time of publication)
- 4 tinfoil squares (20cm by 20cm) to make fish parcels
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 ½ cups light coconut milk
- 400g white fish fillets, cut in chunks
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut in thin strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 2 x 250g packs cooked microwaveable brown rice, to serve
- 500g steamed green beans, to serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix curry paste and 1 cup of the coconut milk in a large bowl. Add fish, eggs, kaffir lime and capsicums. In a separate bowl, mix cornflour with remaining coconut milk and gradually add to fish mixture, stirring continuously.
2 Fold up tinfoil piece sides to form a bowl. Spoon quarter of the fish mixture into tinfoil ‘bowl’ then fold sides together to seal. Make 3 more tinfoil bowls with remaining mixture. Place ‘bowls’ on an ovenproof tray or dish and cook in oven for 15-20 minutes.
3 Empty fish parcel contents on rice and serve with beans. Garnish with coriander and a lemon wedge (if using),
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste and cornflour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us