Thai chicken patties with shredded vege rice salad
- 500g chicken breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- ½ cup chopped coriandercilantroX
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- olive oil spray
- 250g packet 90-second microwavable brown rice
- 400g coleslaw from a packet
- 200g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
1 Place chicken, egg white, fish sauce, ginger, lemongrass paste, coriander, half the spring onions and two-thirds of the chilli in a food processor. Blitz until finely chopped.
2 Wet hands to shape 1/4 cupfuls of mixture into 8 small patties. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and place over a medium heat. Add patties in batches and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, microwave rice according to packet directions. Combine rice, coleslaw, snow peas, sesame seeds, lime juice and rice bran oil in a large salad bowl. Toss.
4 Serve Thai chicken patties with vege rice salad and garnish with remaining chilli and spring onions.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 67g
Make it gluten free: Check lemongrass paste and fish sauce are gluten free.
You can freeze cooked chicken patties in a resealable bag for up to a month. Reheat frozen patties in the microwave or oven.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us