Teriyaki fish and vermicelli stir-fry
- 150g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 600g thick skinless and boneless white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 8½ cups red cabbage, shredded
- ⅓ cup finely grated fresh ginger
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
- bunch of spring onions, sliced
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 min, then drain and keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the fish and fry for 2–3 min, then transfer to a plate.
3 Add the cabbage, ginger, teriyaki marinade, half the spring onions and 3tbsp water to the wok or pan, then stir-fry for 3 min or until the cabbage wilts. Return the fish to the pan and cook for 1 min more.
4 Remove from the heat, then stir through the remaining spring onions and season with ground black pepper. Divide the noodles among 4 bowls, then top with the stir-fry. Serve garnished with fresh parsley and lemon wedges, for squeezing over.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.5g
–Saturated fat 0.6g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information