Tasty Chinese chicken with peanutsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- oil spray, to grease
- 1 onion, cut in thin wedges
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 small red capsicums, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts, to garnish
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
1 Place soy sauce in a bowl with sesame oil and cornflour. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated then set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Combine extra soy sauce and Chinese rice wine in a small bowl. Set aside.
2 Spray a large wok with oil and place over a high heat. Add chicken in batches and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
3 Return wok to a high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add onion, chilli flakes and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add celery and capsicums. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Return chicken to wok with the reserved sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with peanuts and serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce and cornflour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information