Tasty chicken noodle soup
(at time of publication)
- 1 litre good quality fresh chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 fresh chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200g beans, frozen
- 200g spinach, frozen or fresh
- 375g pack wheat or rice noodles
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 fresh chilli, halved (optional)
- soy sauce, chilli sauce, sesame oil to garnish
- fried shallots to garnish
1 Put the stock, water, ginger, garlic and chilli into a large pot and bring gently to the boil. Once boiling, add the sliced chicken and bring back to a simmer. After about 5 minutes, once the chicken appears cooked, add the noodles. After another 3-4 minutes, add the beans and spinach. These will be cooked in about 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat.
2 Fish out the garlic, chilli and ginger and discard. Divide the noodles, chicken and vegetables between 4 bowls, then pour the soup into the bowls.
3 Serve with bowls of soy sauce, chilli sauce, sesame oil and any other favourite sauces.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3.8g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 3.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us