Tasty bean and avocado tostadas
(at time of publication)
- 2 tortillas (I used Old El Paso Salsa flavour)
- ¾ cup Mexican beans (I used Watties 'Bean there' Mexican-style baked beans)
- few drops tabasco sauce
- ½ cup grated edam cheese
- 2 tablespoons lite sour cream
- ½ avocado, cut into small cubes
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Heat the grill to medium. Place the tortillas on a baking tray, spray with oil and grill for 2 minutes, until brown. Remove from the grill, flip the tortillas over and spread with Mexican beans. Add a few drops of tabasco and sprinkle with cheese. Place back under the grill until the cheese is melted and brown.
2 Transfer the tortillas to plates and top with a dollop of sour cream and the avocado, red onion and coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23.9g
–Saturated fat 8.4g
Dietary fibre 8.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information