Tangy chicken with curry mash
- 1.2kg mix potatoes, kumarasweet-potatoX and swedes, peeled, cubed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (optional)
- 4 teaspoons chilli sauce or tamarind paste
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 600g skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 head broccoli, broken in florets
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
1 Place root vegetables in a pan with water. Add turmeric (if using) then bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
2 Mix chilli sauce (or tamarind paste) with mango chutney. Make a few slits in each chicken breast and place on a baking tray. Brush with mango mixture then grill each side for about 6 minutes until cooked through.
3 Cook broccoli until tender. Drain root vegetables. Mash with yoghurt and curry powder. Serve with chicken and broccoli.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Check chilli sauce, chutney, yoghurt and curry powder are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us