Tangy chicken drumsticks
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 Waitoa Free Range Chicken Drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons Countdown Select Tomato Relish
- 3 tablespoons Delmaine Steak Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Quinoa salad
- 1 1/4 cups Ceres Organics Red Quinoa and Ceres Organics White Quinoa (about 1/2 white, 1/2 red)
- 2 1/2 cups Countdown Select Liquid Salt-Reduced Chicken Stock
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons peppadew peppersbell peppersX, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Tasti Walnut Pieces
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped Palmers Fresh Mint
- Balsamic tomato and cucumber salsa
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Paleo Savoury Mix
- 2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Coconut Balsamic Dressing
- lemon wedges
- small Palmers Fresh Mint leaves, to garnish
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Trim drumsticks of visible fat. Make several deep slashes in the fleshy end of each. Place drumsticks in a non-metallic bowl.
- In a separate small bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Coat drumsticks. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place marinated drumsticks on a non-stick baking tray with 2 tablespoons of water and cook for 30-40 minutes. (Alternatively, you could cook these on a barbecue.)
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa under running water. In a large pot combine quinoa and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly then add spring onion, peppadews, walnuts and mint. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine all salsa ingredients.
- When chicken is cooked through, serve with quinoa salad and salsa. Garnish with lemon and mint.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Delmaine, Palmers, Tasti and Waitoa.