Tangy chicken drumsticksReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 1 ½ cups liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced marinated peppersbell peppersX or peppadews
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups tomato, basil and cucumber salad
1 Trim drumsticks of visible fat. Make several deep slashes in the fleshy end of each stick. Place in a non-metallic bowl. In a separate small bowl mix marinade ingredients together. Coat drumsticks. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
2 When ready to cook, place drumsticks on a heated barbecue or under a grill and cook for 10-15 minutes until evenly cooked.
3 To prepare couscous, place in a large bowl. Bring chicken stock to the boil in a small pan and pour over couscous. Cover with a lid and leave for 5 minutes.
4 Fluff up couscous with a fork. Add remaining couscous ingredients and stir through. Garnish chicken with mint and serve with couscous and salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free steak sauce, tomato chutney and stock. Use rice instead of couscous.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information