Tandoori tofu with carrot pickle
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 150g tofu, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- spray oil
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or other chilli sauce
- fresh coriandercilantroX to garnish (optional)
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper. In a bowl, combine sugar and vinegar and add carrot. Set aside to pickle.
2 In a small bowl, toss tofu cubes in tandoori paste to coat. Place on prepared baking dish. Add broccoli, spray with oil and bake for 15 minutes.
3 Prepare rice following packet instructions.
4 Serve tofu and broccoli on rice with carrot pickle. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli sauce. Garnish with coriander if using.
Make it gluten free: Check cider vinegar, tofu, tandoori paste and sriracha or chilli sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Check tandoori paste and sriracha or chilli sauce are vegan.
Reserve leftover pickle for another meal – it will keep in the fridge for a week.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.