Tandoori salmon with toasted coconut greens
- 4 x 130g skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 2 cups green beans, halved diagonally
- 2 cups snow peas
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 250g microwavable brown rice, heated
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Brush salmon with tandoori paste. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Cook salmon to your liking, or 3 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate and rest for 5 minutes.
2 Wipe pan clean and lightly spray again with olive oil. Return to a medium heat. Stir-fry beans and snow peas for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add spinach and toss until it wilts. Add half of the coconut and the chilli and toss to combine. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Add remaining coconut and coriander to heated rice. In a bowl, whisk together yoghurt, garlic and dill. Serve salmon with coconut greens, rice, dill yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check tandoori paste is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use thinly sliced tofu instead of salmon. Use coconut yoghurt.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 36g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information