Sweet potato and almond butter burger
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 400g can of borlotti beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegemite/marmite spread
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoon crunchy almond butter (and extra almond butter, to serve)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- plain flourall purpose flourX, to dust
- 4 burger buns
- 1 head lettuce
- 250g jar roasted capsicums
- 4 tablespoons chilli sauce
- onion rings, to serve
1 Boil a kettle, pour the water into a saucepan and carefully add the kumara. Cook for 8 minutes until tender. Drain well.
2 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Put all of the ingredients except the oil and flour into a food processor and season well. Pulse a few times until the mixture has blended but still retains some texture.
3 Tip the mixture onto a clean work surface and divide into four portions. Then, dust your hands with flour before shaping each portion into burger-shaped patties. Set aside on a flour-dusted plate.
4 Pour the oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the burgers for 8 minutes on each side until well browned. Serve in burger buns with lettuce, roasted peppers, hot sauce and extra almond butter.
Use a spatula to carefully turn the burgers, if they start to spread use the spatula to nudge back into shape.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 9.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.