Sweet corn fritters with smoked salmon and avocado salsa
(at time of publication)
- kernels sliced off 2 large corn sweetcornXcobs, or 2 cups frozen sweet corn sweetcornXkernels (thawed)
- ⅔ cup self-raising flour
- small bunch fresh coriandercilantroX stems and leaves, plus extra ½ cup leaves for salsa
- 2 eggs
- pinch of chilli flakes
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium avocado, stonepitXd, diced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200g smoked salmon slices, to serve
- 8 lime wedges, to serve (optional)
1 Place corn kernels, flour, coriander, egg and chilli flakes in a food processor. Blend until batter is combined, but still slightly chunky.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over high heat. Add 1/4 cupfuls of batter to pan and cook for 1–2 minutes per side, or until fritters are golden brown and cooked through.
3 Combine extra coriander leaves, avocado, tomato and onion in a small bowl to make salsa. Drizzle with oil and lime juice.
4 Place 2 fritters on each plate and top with salsa. Add smoked salmon and 2 lime wedges (if using). Serve immediately.
- To keep the cost down, use lemons instead of limes, or use packaged lime juice.
- If you don’t like red onion, you can substitute this for spring onion.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free self-raising flour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 34g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us