Sushi salad bowl with marinated salmon and wasabi mayo
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, or other chilli sauce
- 100g salmon, in small cubes
- ¼ cup farro or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon wasabi
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 1 small carrot, peeled in ribbons
- ½ green capsicum, finely diced
- shichimi, to garnish (optional, see tips)
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 In a bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and sriracha. Add salmon, mix well to coat and set aside.
2 Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add farro and cook for 20-30 minutes, until tender. Drain.
3 In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yoghurt and wasabi. In a large bowl, place farro and veges. Add salmon and pour over any remaining marinade. Add wasabi mayo and serve, sprinkled with shichimi, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice and check soy sauce, mirin, sriracha (or chilli sauce) and mayonnaise are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose sriracha without onion or garlic and use brown rice. Note the amount of yoghurt is within low-FODMAP limits.
If you can’t find mirin, use 1 teaspoon sugar instead.
Shichimi is a Japanese spice mixture available from Asian supermarkets.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us