Sun-dried tomato chicken panzanella salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 125g skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing
- 2 red or yellow capsicums, cut into chunks
- 500g yellow or red vine tomatoes
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 slices sourdough bread, broken into chunks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 baby cos lettuces, torn
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken in a dish and brush with pesto and a little oil. Set aside.
- On an oven tray lined with baking paper, place capsicum, tomatoes, olives and bread. Drizzle over half the oil. Season with pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, spray a pan or griddle with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes either side or until lightly golden and cooked through. Slice.
- In a small bowl, combine red wine vinegar and remaining oil. On a serving platter, place lettuce leaves and scatter over roasted vegetables and bread. Place sliced chicken on top. Drizzle over dressing and top with basil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check pesto is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use a garlic and cashew-free pesto and wheat or spelt sourdough.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us