Summer roasted vege pasta
(at time of publication)
- 1 red capsicum, sliced in chunks
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 10 spears asparagus, halved
- spray oil
- 1 cup pasta shapes, eg, penne, shells
- ¼ cup peas, thawed if frozen
- ½ cup ricotta
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup roughly torn fresh basil, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to garnish
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, to garnish (optional)
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C. On a baking dish lined with baking paper, arrange capsicum, tomatoes, courgettes and asparagus. Spray lightly with oil and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are soft and browning.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
3 Remove veges from oven. Add to pasta pot and combine. Stir in peas, ricotta, lemon zest and reserved pasta water to make a sauce. Serve pasta garnished with basil leaves, parmesan and chilli flakes, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Make it vegan: Use silky tofu, instead of ricotta, and vegan parmesan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information