Stir-fried honey chicken
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 1/4 cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- oil spray
- 400g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, cut in matchsticks
- 200g green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1/4 small head green cabbage, trimmed, shredded
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain well and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, mix stock, honey, hoisin and cornflour in a small jug. Set aside.
3 Spray a wok with oil and place over a high heat. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Return wok to a high heat. Add garlic, carrot and 1 tablespoon water. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add beans and corn then stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add cabbage and stir-fry until wilted.
4 Return chicken to wok and add reserved noodles and sauces. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until well combined, sauce has thickened slightly and noodles are heated through.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles instead of egg noodles. Use gluten-free hoisin sauce. Check stock and cornflour are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us