Sticky lamb kebabs with greens
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice and zest of 2 lemons or oranges
- 500g lean lamb, cut into chunks
- 250g pineapple slices, halved
- 3 (300g) bok choy, sliced lengthways
- 2 cups snow peas or green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 250g bags microwaveable rice and quinoa (we used SunRice)
- In a bowl, combine chilli sauce, honey and half of the lemon juice and zest with 2 tablespoons warm water. Add lamb and pineapple and toss to coat evenly. Thread lamb and pineapple, alternating, on 4 skewers, reserving any marinade.
- Preheat a griddle, grill or barbecue to medium. Cook skewers, turning and brushing with marinade, for 7-8 minutes.
- Fill a pot with lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Add bok choy and snow peas and cook for 2-3 minutes until just wilted. Drain. In a bowl, combine remaining lemon juice and zest with olive oil and drizzle over veges. Toss well.
- Cook rice according to packet directions and serve with kebabs and vegetables, drizzled with any remaining marinade.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
The lamb can be marinated earlier for a stronger flavour.
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us