Sticky honey and soy pork with sesame greensReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- spray oil
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed
- 200g snow peas, trimmed and 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed or 350 green beans
- 2 bunches broccolini (or broccoli) trimmed, cut in long florets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 3 cups quick-cook microwave brown rice, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a shallow non-metallic bowl combine soy sauce, tomato paste, honey and ginger. Add pork. Stir to coat and set aside.
2 Place a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Cook pork for 1 minute each side or until browned all over. Transfer pork to a roasting pan with a wire rack. Roast for 15 minutes, brushing once or twice with the remaining marinade, or until golden and cooked to your liking. Remove, cover loosely with tinfoil and set aside to rest for 2-3 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, blanch peas (or beans) and broccolini in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 2 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. (You can also microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes). Drain well then return to saucepan. Add sesame oil and sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
4 Slice pork in 1cm-thick slices. Divide rice, pork and vegetables among 4 plates to serve.
- Swap snow peas and sugar snap peas for 350g green beans and/or Asian greens.
- Make it vegetarian: Instead of pork use the same amount of marinated tofu.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information