Squid with lentils and lemon-olive sprinkle
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 4 black olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- spray oil
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 300g squid tubes, thawed if frozen, scored and sliced into 3cm chunks
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- black pepper
1 In a bowl, combine preserved lemon, olives, breadcrumbs, chilli flakes and chopped parsley and set aside.
2 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cabbage and cook, stirring, for
2 minutes. Add lentils and a little water and cook for 5 minutes. Add rocket and cook a minute or two more, until wilted. Set lentil mix aside and keep warm.
3 Spray the pan with oil again and heat to high. When pan is hot, add squid and cook quickly, for about 1 minute, until it starts to curl. Add lemon juice and zest and toss quickly to coat. Season squid with black pepper. To serve, divide lentil mixture between 2 bowls, top with squid and crumb mix. Sprinkle over parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Make it vegan: Use cubed tempeh or tofu instead of squid and check breadcrumbs are vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us