Squid with lentils and lemon-olive sprinkleReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 4 black olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- spray oil
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 300g squid tubes, thawed if frozen, scored and sliced into 3cm chunks
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- black pepper
1 In a bowl, combine preserved lemon, olives, breadcrumbs, chilli flakes and chopped parsley and set aside.
2 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cabbage and cook, stirring, for
2 minutes. Add lentils and a little water and cook for 5 minutes. Add rocket and cook a minute or two more, until wilted. Set lentil mix aside and keep warm.
3 Spray the pan with oil again and heat to high. When pan is hot, add squid and cook quickly, for about 1 minute, until it starts to curl. Add lemon juice and zest and toss quickly to coat. Season squid with black pepper. To serve, divide lentil mixture between 2 bowls, top with squid and crumb mix. Sprinkle over parsley, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Make it vegan: Use cubed tempeh or tofu instead of squid and check breadcrumbs are vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information