Spicy vegetarian noodles
(at time of publication)
- ½ teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce, e.g. Sriracha
- 2-3 slices dried mushrooms, e.g. shiitake or porcini (optional)
- ½ carrot, julienned
- ¾ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 100g firm tofu, cubed
- 87g (½ packet) fresh wholegrain noodles (we used Trident)
- To garnish
- 1 tablespoon sliced spring onion
- fresh chilli, sliced
1 Layer all soup ingredients in a 750ml capacity or larger jar in the order listed. Keepgarnishes in a separate container.
2 When ready to eat, open the jar, fill with boiling water and close and seal the lid. Leave to soak for 2 minutes.
3 Open the jar, stir noodles well and tip into a bowl if desired. Top with spring onions and chilli.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check stock, chilli sauce and tofu are gluten free.
- Use ‘shelf-fresh’ noodles, which are precooked and just need to be heated by pouring over boiling water. Break up with a fork before adding to the jar.
- You could also use noodles from instant noodle packs, but check the labels on these — some contain palm oil, which makes them high in saturated fat.
- Or use noodles you’ve precooked. Run them under cold water before packing in the jar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information