Spicy tofu rice and fried eggReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut in thin matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce or sambal oelek
- 1 cup frozen green baby peas
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 2 cups trimmed bean sprouts
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 250g ginger and honey marinated tofu, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 4 eggs
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Spray a large wok with oil and place over a high heat. Stir-fry onion and carrot for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sambal and stir-fry for 1 more minute.
2 Add peas, beans and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Add rice and tofu and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in soy sauce.
3 Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry eggs to your liking.
4 Divide rice among serving plates, top each with an egg and serve sprinkled with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check tofu and chilli sauce are gluten free.
This dish can be frozen (without egg).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information