Spicy lamb stew
- 500g lean lamb, diced (boneless leg shoulder)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed, sliced or diced
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 140g tub no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- ½ cup dates, halved
1 Toss lamb in seasoning. Place in the slow cooker with all the remaining ingredients except dates – adding stock last. Mix well. Cook on low for 5 hours.
2 Stir in dates and cook for 30-45 more minutes.
3 Stir well. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
Serve with chopped fresh coriander or parsley and crusty bread or couscous.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free stock and check seasoning and tomato paste are gluten free. Serve with gluten-free bread or rice instead of couscous.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us