Spicy lamb stewReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g lean lamb, diced (boneless leg shoulder)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed, sliced or diced
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 140g tub no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- ½ cup dates, halved
1 Toss lamb in seasoning. Place in the slow cooker with all the remaining ingredients except dates – adding stock last. Mix well. Cook on low for 5 hours.
2 Stir in dates and cook for 30-45 more minutes.
3 Stir well. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Serve with chopped fresh coriander or parsley and crusty bread or couscous.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free stock and check seasoning and tomato paste are gluten free. Serve with gluten-free bread or rice instead of couscous.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information