Spicy chicken and chickpeas
- Spice mix (pre-made)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 skinless chicken breasts (400g)
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Spicy chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan spice
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups button mushrooms, halved
1 Before going on holiday, make spice mix. Combine all ingredients and store in a sealed container.
2 Cut chicken in bite-sized chunks. Place in a plastic bag with spice mix, lemon juice and oil. Shake to coat evenly with spices. Marinate chicken if you wish by placing bag in the fridge for a few hours.
3 Thread chicken on skewers and barbecue or cook in a pan for 5 minutes until evenly cooked.
4 Place all remaining ingredients in a pan. Cook over a gentle heat until cooked through.
5 Serve chicken with chickpeas and a green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
You can make up larger quantities of the spice mix and use it for coatings on corn-on-the-cob and to flavour couscous.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us