Spicy beef with pineapple and mint salsa
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 500g sirloin steak, excess fat removed, diced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
- 2 cups quick-cook brown rice
- 410g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned pineapple pieces, juice drained
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. When hot add steak and spice mix. Stir-fry until browned and cooked to your liking. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2 Cook rice following packet directions then in a large bowl combine, rice, beans, spinach and carrot.
3 To make salsa, combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
4 Serve rice salad topped with beef and salsa on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check spice mix is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us