Spiced lamb meatballs with baked cauliflower salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets, thinly sliced
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons za’atar spice mix
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) green beans, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Cut half of the onion into thin wedges. Divide onion wedges and cauliflower between the trays. Spray with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, into a bowl, grate the remaining onion. Add the mince and spice mix and combine well. Roll level tablespoons of mince mixture into balls. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Cook the meatballs in batches, turning, for 5-7 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, place couscous and add 1 cup boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Separate couscous grains with a fork and stir in chopped mint.
- Boil or steam the beans until just tender. Combine baked cauliflower and onion with beans. Serve lamb on couscous with cauliflower salad. Top with yoghurt and scatter with extra mint leaves.
Lamb mixture is suitable to freeze before cooking.
If you can’t find wholemeal couscous, just use plain.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us