Spiced fish with slaw and coconut rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 130g firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 x 30g sachet reduced-salt taco seasoning
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 4 cups broccoli florets or 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, halved
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high. Sprinkle fish with seasoning. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander, lemon juice and remaining oil.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Stir in toasted coconut. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook broccoli until just tender. Drain.
- Serve fish with coconut rice, slaw and broccoli.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of high-protein recipes. Boost your protein intake with our delicious and healthy meal ideas. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Make it gluten free: Check taco mix is gluten free.
Author: Liz Macri -
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
First published: May 20182018-04-23 08:45:46
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited