Spiced cauliflower, tofu, Chinese broccoli and cashew stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 250g firm tofu, drained, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths, thick stems halved (see tips)
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, to serve
1 In a large wok, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high. Stir-fry half of the tofu for 2 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with another teaspoon of the oil and remaining tofu.
2 Heat remaining oil in the same wok over high. Stir-fry onion, garlic, ginger and spices for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add cauliflower and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Add capsicum and Chinese broccoli, stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just tender.
3 Return tofu to wok with roasted cashews, lime juice and coriander. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with cooked quinoa and garnish with extra coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and spices are gluten free.
Find Chinese broccoli at Asian supermarkets or just use regular broccoli or broccolini.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information