Speedy pork tikkaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons Tikka or mild curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 lean pork steaks (500g), cubed
- 4 cups salad vegetables (such as lettuce, spring onions, tomatoes)
1 Mix paste, canned tomatoes, yoghurt and coriander together. Add pork. Stir to coat. Season with a pinch of salt. Leave for 5 minutes and prepare salad vegetables.
2 Place pork on a lightly greased baking tray or thread onto dampened skewers.
3 Cook under a preheated grill until evenly cooked. Place any leftover marinade in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Serve pork with salad, extra low-fat yoghurt and rice, drizzled with any leftover marinade. Garnish with parsley and sliced lemon.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information